About the challenge
Spotlight is Snap’s entertainment platform for user-generated content. Spotlight highlights quality content from creative folks, regardless of how many followers they have. Lenses are important creative tools for Snapchatters to make the best content possible.
Snap invites creators and developers to build compelling and engaging augmented reality tools and experiences using Lens Studio. Lenses will inspire and aid users in their Spotlight snap creation by easing the burden of production, creating repeatable yet compelling trends, and inspiring creativity.
What to Build
Build and publish an original and engaging AR Lens, using Lens Studio, for creators to use to elevate their Spotlight snap submissions.
What to Submit
- Lens Name: Provide a name and short description as to why the Lens is valuable for creators to use
- Lens URL: An unlocked URL of your Lens. Your Lens must be public and published!
- Be sure to add a Lens Preview Video: 8-10 second(s) that was captured on a phone that does not utilize Lens Studio models/characters.
- Tag your Lens: SpLensathon22 (highly encouraged, but not required)
- Lens ID: A copy of your Lens ID, which can be found by going to My Lenses and selecting the Lens you need the ID from. Select the copy icon and your Lens ID will be copied to your clipboard.
- Demo / Pitch Video: Demo video (approximately 3 minutes) that demonstrates your working lens and an example use case. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, and made public.
- Optional but encouraged: Include a Preview video within the Lens (at least 10 seconds)
(Be sure to follow the Lens Studio Submission Guidelines before you submit your project on Devpost.)
$150,000 in prizes
$5,000 USD for up to 22 eligible projects
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Content Specialist, Community
Content Producer Specialist, Spotlight
Community Curator, Spotlight
Entertainment value of the lens
Is the lens engaging and fun to interact with?
Quality of the Idea
How creative and original is the lens?
Does this have potential to create a repeatable trend?
Potential to Inspire
Will the lens inspire users to make creative and entertaining Snaps?
Ease of Use
How easy is it to use the lens?